Model United Nations (MUN)
Debating is a challenging and rewarding activity for our pupils, helping them to develop a range of new skills, form arguments, articulate their ideas, and develop the confidence to speak in front of an audience.
Debates not only take place at school but participants have the opportunity to enter competitions, held at other schools, universities and large organisations, often internationally.
Model United Nations (MUN) Conferences
Each year, teams from St George's enter into MUN competitions.
Participants have had the opportunity to compete internationally against other schools in London and Paris as well as at large organisations such as The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Rome.
In March 2018, our student delegation travelled to the UN headquarters in New York, where St George's were one of a small number of participating schools to receive a special commendation award for participation effort.
- September 2018: Cambridge University, Cambridge
- March 2018: National High School MUN, UN Headquarters, New York
- February 2018: John Cabot University, Rome
- November 2017: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), FAO Headquarters, Rome
- September 2017: Cambridge University, Cambridge
- January 2017: John Cabot University, Rome