What is LEAP?
Leaders for Environmental Awareness and Protection is an environmental action club at St George's.
LEAP has been set up to:
- Create awareness of environmental issues
- Increase club members and the whole school community's knowledge of environmental issues
- Promote positive attitudes toward the environment
- Help people to gain skills that benefit the environment
- Demonstrate how group participation in meaningful activities can improve the environment and environmental conditions.
Throughout the Key Stages pupils may join the Environmental Club, raising awareness on environmental issues during school assemblies and implementing strategies to reduce our carbon footprint, by planting trees, composting and recycling school's garbage, for example.
Our main focus is to reduce the school's carbon footprint, through actions such as composting canteen waste, collecting and recycling school paper and plastic, planting trees on the playing fields and implementing renewable energy to recharge students’ electronic devices.